CDET’s Recognised Awards are a set of three industry-designed standards for part-time performing arts schools and teachers committed to upholding safe and professional standards of practice.
CDET's awards enable students and parents/carers to make informed choices about the schools and teachers with whom they wish to study. For detailed descriptions of each Award, see individual web pages. To find your nearest Recognised Award holders enter your postcode into the search box on the right hand side.
In outline, the Awards confirm that schools and teachers:
- Have and adhere to appropriate Professional Policies and Procedures including safeguarding and health & safety
- Hold valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificates and adequate Insurance
- Adhere to the CDET Code of Professional Conduct and Practice
- Have the appropriate level of relevant Teaching Qualifications and/or Professional Experience
Schools, teachers and instructors holding a Recognised Award are entitled to:
- Complementary inclusion in CDET's online national searchable database of schools, teachers and instructors
- Display the Recognised Award certificate at their premises or classes
- Display CDET’s Recognised logo on marketing and promotional material
- Access CDET's bespoke insurance scheme
- Discounted subscriptions and purchases from partner and supporting organisations – details supplied on request
- Purchase customised Recognised Award promotional material