A Registered Instructor is a dance, drama, music, singing and/or musical theatre instructor who is committed to putting the safety of pupils first and meets the following six requirements of good professional practice.
- Have and adhere to appropriate Professional Policies and Procedures in respect of the following: health and safety (including safe dance practice), safeguarding, equal opportunities and customer service (including feedback and complaints)
- Hold a valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate
- Hold appropriate and adequate Insurance
- Adhere to the CDET Code of Professional Conduct and Practice or recognised equivalent
- Make the Six Requirements for Registered Instructors document publically available, together with the following Key Information: contact details, timetables and venues for examinations and all performance events
- Demonstrate Professionalism, evidenced by two supporting references from persons of appropriate standing in the field
Individuals can seek Registered Instructor status for a maximum of five years, and are encouraged to undertake a recognised qualification to access CDET Teacher awards as appropriate.
To find your nearest Registered Instructor search the online database.
To apply online for the Registered Instructor award click here